How to invest in AI via the ASX using ETFs
Investing in AI through the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) using exchange-traded funds (ETFs) is a popular and diversified approach. ETFs allow you to gain exposure to a basket of AI-related stocks, providing diversification and reducing single-stock risk. Here are steps to invest in AI via the ASX using ETFs:
- Research AI ETFs: Identify ETFs that focus on the AI sector. Look for funds that track indices or baskets of companies involved in artificial intelligence, robotics, automation, and related technologies. Some ETFs explicitly target the AI theme, while others may have broader technology or innovation focuses.
- Popular AI ETFs on the ASX: As of my knowledge cutoff in January 2022, there may be new ETFs or changes. However, some ETFs that have been associated with technology and innovation include:
- BetaShares Asia Technology Tigers ETF (ASX: ASIA): While not AI-specific, it includes many technology companies in the Asia-Pacific region.
- ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF (ASX: TECH): It tracks global technology companies, including those involved in AI.
- Due Diligence: Conduct thorough research on the selected AI ETFs. Understand their investment strategy, the index they track, expense ratios, and historical performance. Review the holdings to ensure they align with your investment goals.
- Brokerage Account: Open a brokerage account with a platform that offers access to ASX-listed ETFs. Ensure that the platform provides cost-effective trading options and has a user-friendly interface.
- Fund Your Account: Deposit funds into your brokerage account to cover the amount you plan to invest in the AI ETFs.
- Place Buy Orders: Use your brokerage platform to place buy orders for the selected AI ETFs. Specify the number of units or the amount you wish to invest. Keep in mind that ETF prices fluctuate throughout the trading day.
- Monitor Your Investment: Regularly monitor the performance of the AI ETFs in your portfolio. Stay informed about any changes in the ETF’s holdings, expense ratios, and market conditions.
- Reinvestment and Reassessment: Consider reinvesting dividends received from the ETFs to take advantage of compound growth. Periodically reassess your investment strategy based on changes in the AI industry and your financial goals.
- Risk Management: Understand the risks associated with investing in ETFs, including market volatility and sector-specific risks. Diversification through ETFs helps mitigate some of these risks compared to investing in individual stocks.
- Stay Informed: Stay informed about the AI industry’s developments and any changes in the ETF landscape. Periodically review your investment strategy and make adjustments based on your evolving financial situation and goals.
Remember to consult with a financial advisor before making any investment decisions to ensure they align with your overall financial plan and risk tolerance.
Contact Us Today
Call: 1300 88 18 18